Beauty and body art licence
Reopening your business following Covid-19
Please refer to the latest government guidance for ‘Close contact services’
For help with writing your Covid-19 risk assessments and preparing for reopening, please refer to the reopening toolkit. The toolkit contains the majority of controls that you will need to consider before reopening and example documents that can be adapted for your use.
The CIEH has produced guidance on reopening salons and spas following lockdown. Unfortunately specific guidance for skin piercing has not been produced to date, however this document has some useful information that also applies to your setting.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you require any further advice.
If you want to carry out the following beauty and body art activities you must be registered with us:
- semi-permanent skin colouring (microblading)
- cosmetic body and ear piercing
- ear piercing only
CIEH Toolkit [PDF, 3MB]
- Personal licence - £152
- Premises licence - £275
- Dual application (personal and premises) - £275 plus £56 per person
- Duplicate/replacement licence - £12
- Administration charge (e.g. change of business name) - £25