Skip to main content

Make a complaint or comment on adult social care

If you have any comments about adult social care or suggestions about how we can make things better we want to hear from you.

We hope problems can be sorted out quickly and easily by speaking with the person you normally see from adult social care, but if you'd like to speak to someone different, you can complain to our Customer Relations Team.

How to complain

You can complain:

  • by telephone - call free on 0800 068 1249
  • by email - send your complaint to
  • by letter - write to the Customer Relations Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ
  • in person - talk to your social worker or their manager about your concerns or speak to our Customer Relations Team (please contact us to make an appointment)

We'll look into your complaint and let you know what happens next.

What we need to know

When you contact us please give us as much of the following information as you can:

  • your name, address and telephone number
  • the name, address and date of birth of the person you represent if you're complaining on behalf of someone else
  • what your complaint is about
  • how you'd like us to put it right

How your complaint is dealt with

When you complain we'll:

  • discuss your complaint with you within three working days
  • explain how you can get someone to speak for you using our advocacy service
  • explain what you can expect when we look in to your complaint
  • stay in touch with you while we look in to things
  • agree when we'll get back to you
  • write to you explaining what we've done about your complaint

If your problem hasn't been put right

If you've gone through the complaints procedure and your problem hasn't been put right you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Privacy Policy

For information about how we will use the information you supply when making a Statutory Complaint or Compliment and the rights you have in respect to this data please see our Privacy Notices –