In light of the latest UK Government information and guidance regarding coronavirus, we are currently in contact with our many partners, event organisers and host venues in the city to work through the implications on the Mayflower 400 events and activity programme.
Plymouth’s Mayflower 400 events in March, April and May will be cancelled or postponed and we will announce details of what is happening on the Mayflower 400 website and through our social channels as soon as clear guidance is available.
The latest Mayflower 400 events in Plymouth to be cancelled or postponed are as follows:
- 24-25 March: Some Call it Home - Theatre Royal – postponed
- 7 April: Mayflower 400 Sports Quiz – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust – postponed
- 18 April: Plymouth Albion Takeover Event – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust - postponed
- 22 April: Sounds of the Ocean City – North Prospect Community Choir - postponed
- 2 May: Mayflower Football Cup – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust – postponed
- 3 May: North Prospect Community Choir performance - The Box – postponed
- 4-10 May: Mayflower Ocean Festival – cancelled, with some elements postponed
- 8 – 31 May: Plymouth History Festival – postponed
- 10 May: OSTAR and TWO STAR – postponed May 2021
- 16 May: Mayflower 400: Legend & Legacy – The Box - postponed
- 16 May: Piazza Walking and Running Event – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust - postponed
- 17 May: Mayflower 400 Britain’s Ocean City Half Marathon – postponed
- 23 May: University of Plymouth Choral Society - postponed
- 23 May: All Nations Ministries Afternoon Tea Dance - postponed
- 30 May: Mayflower Big Toddle – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust - postponed
- 31 May 2020: YMCA Community Fun Run – Plymouth Argyle Community Trust – postponed
Please go to the Event and Plymouth sections of the Mayflower 400 website to find out the updated programme and latest information on changes to the Plymouth schedule.
Commenting on the programme, Charles Hackett, Mayflower 400 CEO, said:
“It is hugely disappointing that we are going to have to make changes to the programme that people have worked so hard on and that so many have engaged with and supported. However, the health and safety of the public and performers is paramount at this time. We will work quickly to provide further clarity on the aspects of Mayflower 400 in the coming days.”
The Mayflower team will be talking to community groups involved in the Vital Sparks programme about rescheduling events were applicable.
For ticketed events please speak to the event organiser. More details on the revised schedule will be published as soon as they become available.
For further information on Mayflower 400 visit mayflower400uk.org.
For further information on The Box visit theboxplymouth.com.
For further information on PCC events, please see the latest statement.