Every Ride Counts 2019
Every Ride Counts Best Photo 2019
FInal Team League Table for Every Ride Counts 2019
This challenge has ended. Congratulations to the following winners...
(University of Plymouth)
-See photo above-
(Plymouth City Council)
(Plymouth City Council)
The challenge took place over 4 weeks from 3 - 30 June 2019.
What is it all about?
The workplace cycle challenge, organised by Plymouth City Council’s Plymotion team, pits teams and individuals from organisations in Plymouth against each other to achieve the most bike trips through their daily commutes. It is open to people commuting to or from Plymouth for work or volunteering roles. It is all about encouraging more people to get out and about on their bike, reducing car trips in Plymouth throughout June and beyond.
Increasing the number of people cycling to work leaving the car at home can;
- Improve the health and wellbeing of staff
- Help solve limited office parking spaces
- Cut down travel costs to work
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Lower carbon emission
This challenge will also run throughout Bike Week 8 – 16 June 2019.
Anyone who works or volunteers in Plymouth are eligible to enter the challenge. Click on the terms and conditions to find out more.
What are the prizes for 2019 challenge?
- £50 worth of vouchers for registering with the challenge as you will automatically be entered into a prize draw
- Cycling goodies for recommending other people to register. Just make sure they put down your name when they register.
- £100 worth of vouchers each for Best Team (4 in a team) and Best Individual
- £50 worth of vouchers for Best Photo
- Every Ride Counts Workplace Award for your company. You can nominate your company to win this award. More information about how to do this is available on the registration form.
How can we help you?
Currently, there are free adult cycle training, bicycle safety checks, access to workshops and subsidised maintenance courses and free two month loans of a cargo bike on offer in Plymouth. Click on the links or contact Plymotion@plymouth.gov.uk. You can also follow the Facebook page and Twitter account.
If you do not have a bike, you can find a list of local bike shops and cycle hire when you download our Plymouth Cycling and Walking map below. Register and we can send a printed copy of the map to you.
One of our partners, Bikespace, has agreed to offer a two months loan on any of their second hand bikes for half the price of the bike. So you could have a bike for as little as £25 for 2 months*. Loan day starts from 1 May 2019.
You might also want to check if your company is registered with a Cycle To Work government scheme and can assist you with purchasing a bike. Find out more about this from Sustrans’ Cycle To Work Scheme Explained
*Only if you have registered with the challenge so you will need to show them an email confirmation that you have registered for the challenge to qualify for this offer.