Every Ride Counts 2019
Every Ride Counts 2018 - Best Team
Registration is now closed. Good luck to all taking part!
To all participating in the challenge, Week 1 Ride Log submission is now closed. You can now submit your Week 2 online. Click here to start.
The challenge will take place over 4 weeks from 3 - 30 June 2019.
What is it all about?
The workplace cycle challenge, organised by Plymouth City Council’s Plymotion team, pits teams and individuals from organisations in Plymouth against each other to achieve the most bike trips through their daily commutes. It is open to people commuting to or from Plymouth for work or volunteering roles. It is all about encouraging more people to get out and about on their bike, reducing car trips in Plymouth throughout June and beyond.
Increasing the number of people cycling to work leaving the car at home can;
- Improve the health and wellbeing of staff
- Help solve limited office parking spaces
- Cut down travel costs to work
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Lower carbon emission
This challenge will also run throughout Bike Week 8 – 16 June 2019.
Who is eligible to enter?
Anyone who works or volunteers in Plymouth are eligible to enter the challenge. Click on the terms and conditions to find out more.
What will happen once you have registered?
- You should receive an email once you have registered for the individual challenge and another email to confirm that you are taking part in the team challenge.
- If you do not hear back from us within 24 hours of submitting the registration form, please email Plymotion@plymouth.gov.uk so we can check your registration and team details.
- You will be sent emails throughout the challenge such as instructions on recording your weekly ride log online.
- Finally, from 3 June, start recording your ride daily (number of trips, distance cycled and location).
What are the prizes for 2019 challenge?
You could win;
- £50 worth of vouchers for registering with the challenge as you will automatically be entered into a prize draw
- Cycling goodies for recommending other people to register. Just make sure they put down your name when they register.
- £100 worth of vouchers each for Best Team (4 in a team) and Best Individual
- £50 worth of vouchers for Best Photo
- Every Ride Counts Workplace Award for your company. You can nominate your company to win this award. More information about how to do this is available on the registration form.
How can we help you?
Currently, there are free adult cycle training, bicycle safety checks, access to workshops and subsidised maintenance courses and free two month loans of a cargo bike on offer in Plymouth. Click on the links or contact Plymotion@plymouth.gov.uk. You can also follow the Facebook page and Twitter account.
If you do not have a bike, you can find a list of local bike shops and cycle hire when you download our Plymouth Cycling and Walking map below. Register and we can send a printed copy of the map to you.
One of our partners, Bikespace, has agreed to offer a two months loan on any of their second hand bikes for half the price of the bike. So you could have a bike for as little as £25 for 2 months*. Loan day starts from 1 May 2019.
You might also want to check if your company is registered with a Cycle To Work government scheme and can assist you with purchasing a bike. Find out more about this from Sustrans’ Cycle To Work Scheme Explained
*Only if you have registered with the challenge so you will need to show them an email confirmation that you have registered for the challenge to qualify for this offer.
Please find below posters and documents you can download;
How to record your Weekly Ride Log? (For participants only)
Your Week 1 Ride log submission is now closed. If you have any issues with submitting it last week, please contact us as soon as possible.
Click here enter and submit your Week 2 Ride Log online. You have until Sunday, 23 June to do this.
Week 3 log entry and submisstion will start from Monday, 24 June so do not enter them yet.
Contact Plymotion@plymouth.gov.uk if you have not received an email after you have submitted your log online or you are unable to get access to the online form.
- To help you with your daily ride recordings, you can download the PDF document below;
Below is a video to help you complete your Weekly Ride Log