Visitor parking permit
Visitor permits allow friends, relatives and tradesmen to park their vehicle (including motorcycles) near your home. These permits are not available to guests of hotels or guesthouses.
Visitor permits are required on bank and public holidays.
Your zone determines the type of visitor permit available to you.
|Zone F, H or J||
Daily visitor permit
Eligible properties can have 14 permits a fortnight. Each permit is valid for one date only.
|Zone CA to CE, X or W1 to W3||
Yearly resident visitor permit
Eligible properties can have to two permits. Each permit is valid for 12 months.
|Any other zone/street||
Resident visitor tickets
Eligible properties can have three books of 30 tickets a year (Jan to Dec). Each ticket is valid for one vehicle for one date only.
1st book £20 2nd book £35 3rd book £45
Please allow up to two working days for your online application to be processed. Your visitor permit(s) will then be posted by 2nd class on the next working day. Please note that even if you have applied for visitor permit(s), your guests still cannot park until a valid permit is displayed in the vehicle. Having applied for a visitor permit and awaiting it to be delivered does not allow motorists to park.
Essential visitor permit
Residents who are in need of essential daily care by relatives or carers can apply for an essential visitor permit. You must be in receipt of attendance allowance or the disability living allowance care component.
A property is entitled to a maximum of one permit which is valid for 12 months.
Essential visitor permits are free of charge.
Please up to two working days for your online application to be processed. Your visitor permit(s) will then be posted by 2nd class on the next working day. Please note that even if you have applied for visitor permit(s), your guests still cannot park until a valid permit is displayed in the vehicle. Having applied for a visitor permit and awaiting it to be delivered does not allow motorists to park.
You can renew your essential visitor permit before your current one expires. It is the responsibility of the essential visitor permit holder to ensure they have a valid permit for visitors to display.
Parking zone maps
Download a map of the parking zone you live in.
Terms and conditions
- The permit address must be the resident’s sole or main residence where they live for a minimum of four nights a week.
- All types of visitor permits are for use only by person(s) visiting the permit address and must not allow their visitors to park for the purpose of commuting. Essential visitor permits are for individuals providing the resident with essential care.
- It is the resident’s responsibility to make their visitors aware of how to use the permit.
- Plymouth City Council can't guarantee a parking space will always be available.
- All types of visitor permits remain the property of the council at all times, are non-transferable, not refundable and not for resale.
Where a paper permit or ticket is issued this must be clearly displayed so the details are visible through the windscreen of the vehicle or a prominent position where this is not possible.
- The Council may ask that you produce documentary evidence to demonstrate eligibility.
- Plymouth City Council will process all information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The authority will use any data collected for the purpose of processing and validating the relevant permit and other associated purposes. We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share/check this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud. These bodies include other council departments, other public authorities and other enforcement agencies.