Has a learning disability from childhood that is a state of arrested or incomplete development of the mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning. Persons with learning difficulties are not eligible under this category.
- Support/Care Plan issued by Plymouth City Council’s Adult Social Care Team confirming a learning disability
- Letter on official paper from a Learning Disability Support Group
- Letter on official paper from an organisation providing supported living for adults with a learning disability
- Letter on official paper from a Consultant or Occupational Therapist confirming a learning disability
- Letter on official paper from Livewell South West’s Community Learning Disabilities (or Learning Disabilities Parenting) Team confirming a learning disability
- Letter from Plymouth City Council’s Deputyship Team including Court Order and Council Tax Exemption
- Learning Disability Liaison Team based at Derriford Hospital
- Letter from Premier Care (Plymouth) confirming a Learning Disability
Children (aged 5-18 inclusive)
- Support/Care Plan issued by Plymouth City Council’s Children’s Disability Service confirming a learning disability
- Letter from Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) confirming a learning disability
- Letter from a Consultant Paediatrician confirming a learning disability
- Letter from a Special School (from the list below) confirming a learning disability
- Statement of Special Education Needs where this clearly states the child has a learning disability
- Education, Health and Care Plan confirming a learning disability
Children attending one of the 3 special schools listed below will automatically qualify for a bus pass and will need to provide proof of their attendance at one of these schools, together with proof of their home address and date of birth. This evidence can be in the form of a letter from the school.
|Cann Bridge School
||Miller Way, Estover, Plymouth, PL6 8UN
|Millford Community Special School
||Rochford Crescent, Ernesettle, Plymouth, PL5 2PY
||Picklecombe Drive, Off Tamerton Foliot Road, Whitleigh, Plymouth, PL6 5ES
Children attending one of the 3 special schools listed below may be eligible for a pass on the grounds of having a learning disability. Applicants will need to provide a letter from the Headteacher which should confirm the child’s name, home address, date of birth and a short statement confirming that the child has a learning disability commensurate with the requirements as set out in the concessionary travel legislation.
|Brook Green Centre for Learning
||Bodmin Road, Whitleigh, Plymouth, PL5 4DZ
||Widey Lane, Crownhill, Plymouth, PL6 5JS
|Longcause Community Special School
||Longcause, Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 1JB
We do not accept supporting evidence from Mount Tamar School, as they specialise in behavioural problems which may not meet the learning disability criteria. However the child may still be entitled to a concessionary bus pass if they are able to provide evidence as listed above.