Local Transport Plan
A local transport plan maintains and improves transport in the local area.
Our vision for transport is one of a more efficient network which capitalises on the aspiration for growth and provides users with a better journey experience.
The plan covers 2011 to 2026 and is updated regularly - the latest updated is included in the Plymouth Plan.
Our plan will:
- link communities together
- provide high quality transport standards for a vibrant city
- make walking, cycling and public transport the desirable choice
- maximise the transport contribution to Plymouth's carbon reduction target (60 per cent reduction by 2020)
- use transport to drive the local economy
How we're going to deliver our local transport plan is explained in the transport implementation plan.
We’re currently reviewing the transport implementation plan so that it aligns with the strategy set out in the Plymouth Plan and Plymouth and South West Devon Joint Local Plan. To inform the review new evidence on the current transport network is being gathered. Some of this evidence forms part of the evidence base for the Joint Local Plan and can be found here. Supplementary evidence is available below.