How we maintain our grounds and foreshore
Report a street cleaning problem
We plant the city's annual flowerbeds twice a year and fertilized them naturally with chicken manure.
Foreshore and beaches
We're maintain eleven miles of foreshore and beaches within Plymouths boundaries.
Trees and hedges
We cut general amenity hedges once a year, in the winter to avoid disturbing birds that may be nesting in the hedges, view our trees and hedges page for more information.
We cut grass areas between March and October.
We provide a grounds maintenance service to schools in Plymouth and includes:
- Athletic track marking
- Grass cutting
- Hedge maintenance
- Pitch maintenance shrub bed maintenance
- Playground marking (includes play marks, netball, tennis etc)
- Sports pitch marking
- Tree work (adhoc basis)
- Weed kill of hard surfaces
Work on request includes:
- Careers talks
- Quiz sheets provided for school groups visiting the Hoe
- School safety talks regarding the dangers of large and small grass cutting machinery