Volunteer tree warden
The tree warden network run by Plymouth Tree Partnership gives you the opportunity to get involved in activities that conserve and improve trees.
These are some of the things we do but any idea that helps others to value the city's trees is considered:
- Care for young trees until they are established
- Develop ideas for tree improvement projects, especially new plantings
- Report tree problems
- Survey trees by gathering information and adding to the tree record
- Give talks about trees to interested groups and in schools
As a tree warden you will receive a free handbook and regular newsletters (and occasional free books) explaining more about the work and you can attend monthly group events which cover the following:
- Recognising trees
- Appreciating the value and uses of trees
- Looking after young trees
- Understanding tree preservation orders
- Running a tree planting event
For more information or to get involved call the Plymouth Tree Partnership on 01752 263186.