Skip to main content

Registration or approval of food businesses

All food businesses must be registered or approved.


If you store, prepare, distribute or sell food you need to be registered with us. This includes restaurants, cafes, hotels, shops, canteens, market stalls, mobile catering vans, food delivery vans and businesses run from home.


If you operate a business that manufactures or processes meat, meat products including minced meat, fish or fishery products including shellfish, milk, dairy products and collagen you must be approved by us.