Apply for a scaffolding and hoarding licence

If you want to put scaffolding or a hoarding on or next to a public road you need to apply for a licence.

You need to use a scaffolding company with traffic signs manual chapter 8 accreditation and £5 million public liability insurance.

Scaffolding and hoardings

Illegal or unauthorised scaffolding 

If you think scaffolding has been out up illegally or is unauthorised you can report it to us. 

Report illegal or unauthorised scaffolding