Report social housing fraud

Social housing fraud is the use of social housing by someone not entitled to occupy that home.

Plymouth doesn't have enough social housing to meet the requirements of people who genuinely need it. People waiting for social housing will have to wait even longer if homes continue to be occupied by people who have no right to be there.

Common types of fraud are:

  • Unauthorised sub letting
  • Using false information to gain a tenancy
  • Wrongly claimed succession
  • Key selling
  • Non residence

Email or call (in confidence) 01752 304450 if you think someone is committing tenancy fraud. You can also write to us at Corporate Fraud Team, Plymouth City Council, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ or visit us at Ballard House, we're open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.