Walking is accessible to almost everyone and doesn't require specialist equipment. It's good for your health and a great way to socialise or meet people in your neighbourhood. We run a variety of different walking groups that cater for all abilities.
Visit our get active with us page to see walking groups are taking place near you. Costs of sessions vary, the majority are free, but some cost £2 per session. Booking isn't essential, you can just turn up, but we do advise you to turn up 10 minutes early to your first session to introduce yourself to the walk leader and to complete any necessary paperwork.
Become a walk leader
We are always looking for volunteer walk leaders to help with existing groups. Or you could set up your own walking group for your local area, workplace or school.
Our free training will enable you to:
- identify suitable local walks and risk assess them
- promote your walk to your target group
- ensure you're covered by insurance to lead a group
- give tips and ideas on how to keep motivated
- link in with a city-wide network of local volunteer walk leaders
If you're interested in becoming a walk leader or joining or setting up a walking group email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 431638.