British Firework Championships
The world famous British Firework Championships is set to return to Plymouth in August.
The world famous British Firework Championships will return on 8 and 9 August, offering two nights of spectacular pyrotechnics that will illuminate Plymouth Sound.
Six top firework companies will battle it out over two nights, each putting on an awe-inspiring ten minute display.
Enjoy the thrill of the funfair on Plymouth Hoe, or simply sit back and soak up the atmosphere – it’s an unmissable event!
The displays are fired from the Mountbatten breakwater and are designed to be seen from Citadel and The Hoe, making these the prime viewing areas! Entertainment is provided on The Hoe from early evening on both nights of the Championships.
- Hoe Road (from the mound at the citadel to the junction of Pier Street) from 1pm – 11pm
- Madeira Road from 1pm – 11pm
- Armada Way loop (Crowne Plaza) from 4pm – 11pm
- Top of Lockyer Street to the junction of the back of The Esplanade from 7am – 11pm
- Citadel Road from Lockyer Street to Hoe Approach from 4pm – 11pm
- Lockyer Street from the junction of Citadel Road to the junction of Notte Street from 10pm – 11pm
- Notte Street from the junction of Millbay Rd to the junction of Hoe Approach from 10pm – 11pm
- Staddon Lane from 6pm – 11pm
- Lawrence Road from its junction by the pub from 7am on 8 August through to 12pm on 10 August inclusive
- Princess Street from the junction of Lockyer Street to the junction of Princess Ope inc. access from Armada Way from 10pm – 11pm
Arriving by Park & Ride - operated by Stagecoach
All visitors arriving by car are encouraged to use Plymouth’s Park & Ride services, which provide a quick and direct service to Royal Parade where passengers can either walk approximately 10 minutes up to the Hoe. All three park and ride locations will operate throughout both evenings.
The last buses leaving for the City Centre are:
- George Junction will be at 8.45pm
- Milehouse will be at 8.55pm
- Coypool will be at 8.45pm
For return journeys from Royal Parade, pick up points and final departure times are as follows:
- Milehouse and the George Junction (outside Theatre Royal) last bus 11.50pm
- Coypool (Royal Parade normal stop) last bus 11.50pm
Normal fares apply with a group dayrider ticket costing £7.60 for up to 5 people, and the group dayrider plus is £11.60. There are cheaper group return tickets from the park and ride sites £5.40 from Milehouse, £5.80 from Coypool and £6.80 from the George.
For more information, visit www.plymouth.gov.uk/parkingandtravel/publictransport/parkandride
Last bus to Tavistock is 11pm
- Buses to Saltash at 10.55pm (Service 2) and 11.20pm (Service 2A covering both St Stephens and Latchbrook)
- Buses to Plymstock are at 11pm, 11.20pm and 11.30pm
- Buses to Mount Batten (Service 2) will depart at 11pm and 11.20pm and a bus to Elburton (Service 2A) will depart at 11.30pm
In addition to the 10.30pm from Royal Parade to Torquay, an additional journey will operate at 11.20pm to Ivybridge
A normal timetable will operate
Travelling by Train
GWR will be providing an additional services at 11.10pm on both days from Plymouth to Penzance and Plymouth to Exeter.
Disabled Parking on the Hoe
An extended parking area will be available on the Hoe promenade for blue badge holders, but spaces will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Access will be via Elliott Street entrance to the Hoe promenade from 5.30pm (Madeira Road and Hoe Road will be closed on both days between 1pm and 11pm with some No Parking restrictions from 7am Citadel Road).
For more information, please visit the Visit Plymouth website.
Email email@example.com or call 01752 668000
Venue: Plymouth Hoe
- Wednesday, 8 August 2018 - 6:30pm to 10:30pm
- Thursday, 9 August 2018 - 6:30pm to 10:30pm