Electoral canvassers recruitment
Temporary Electoral Canvasser
We’re looking for friendly and confident people to join our team of Temporary Electoral Canvassers.
Each year, everyone in the UK must confirm their electoral registration details are up-to-date by responding to the annual electoral canvass.
Canvassers are employed throughout the City to call on residents who have not returned either their Household Enquiry Form (HEF) or Individual Registration form (ITR) and to assist residents with completing these forms.
This is temporary part time work for approximately three weeks.
Canvassers must be available from 27 September. The hours are flexible, it is expected that most of your visits will be conducted during the evenings and weekends when most residents are at home. This work can be done in your spare time, alongside a full-time job.
All canvassers will be paid at a rate of £10.00 per hour with the potential to increase this amount with each property you visit.
Canvassers are required to have:
- Good communication skills and the ability to relate to people
- Awareness of and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Professional and politically neutral manner
Previous experience of canvassing or working with the public is desirable but not essential as we will provide full training in September.
How we support you?
- Full training is provided at all stages
- Provide all stationery needed to complete the job
- You will be required to make weekly visits to the elections office with your completed forms – we will check and give you tips on how to maximise your return
- Available when you need us
For more information or if you have any questions regarding this role please contact the Electoral Services team by emailing email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Annual Canvasser role profile [PDF, 143KB]