How we spend your council tax
We've saved £65 million in three years by modernising services and joining up with partners
We play a key part in making sure the day-to-day life of the city runs smoothly. We provide support for the more vulnerable and with our partners, make long-term plans to improve life for everyone who lives here.
We've over 300 services with staff that work to keep our streets clean, keep us all on the move, enable our children to achieve and enjoy their schools as well as be on hand for key moments of people's lives, such as weddings and registering births. Your council tax pays for a huge range of these services.
Council tax and budget information 2020/2021 [PDF, 144KB]
Please visit our Statement of accounts page for more information.
This past year we've:
- collected 38,725 tonnes of recycling
- looked after 30,000 street lights
- cleaned 44,000 gullies
- dealt with more than 300,000 customer enquiries
- Welcomed 750,000 people to our libraries
Looking forward we hope to:
- deliver 5,000 new homes by 2021
- bring 375 empty homes back into use with Council support
- invest £410 million in Plymouth secured
- create 3,490 jobs through developments