Skip to main content

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you or a household member find it difficult to move around your home, you may be eligible for a Disabled Facility Grant to make changes to the property.


To get a grant, you or someone else living in the house must:

  • be disabled
  • intend to live in the property during the grant period (usually 5 years but this can be shorter, for example, if the person is terminally ill)

The person who submits the application must be either the:

  • owner
  • tenant
  • landlord

About the adaptions

A Disabled Facilities Grant can help with getting home adaptions such as:

  • stairlifts
  • level access showers
  • widening doors
  • installing ramps

How to apply

Complete an application online for children or an adult social care referral for adults.

Disabled adults

You will need to complete an adult social care self assessment

Disabled children

Further information

For more information read our Disabled Facilities Grant guidance