We regulate certain types of industry to reduce pollution and improve air quality. These processes are controlled by environmental permits.
Do I need a permit?
There are three types of environmental permit:
- businesses such as dry cleaners or petrol filling stations hold a Part B environmental permit
- some larger industrial processes are regulated by us as Part A2 process
- large installations, such as power stations and sewage treatment works are Part A1 processes and regulated by the Environment Agency. You can apply for this permit on the GOV.UK website.
You should read the GOV.UK guidance before applying:
- Environmental permitting core guidance
- Environmental permitting general guidance manual for A2 and B installations
We maintain a public register containing information on all local authority permitted installations within Plymouth.
Public installations register [PDF, 214KB]
For further details about specific permits please email email@example.com or call 01752 668000.