Ensuring growth in prosperity is achieved in a way that reduces inequality, and is sustainable.
Ensure recruitment, retention, and development of all sections of society
- Develop a campaign to promote inclusive growth across those sectors with very low wages to encourage adoption of living wage;
- Support businesses and social enterprises to go further than a standard corporate social responsibility programme to grow;
- Encourage clustering of businesses to increase skills, enable career progression, and increase average wages;
- Work with influencers across the city to ensure that policy is assessed for the impact on the lowest earners.
Integrate Inclusive Growth in policy
- Integrate Inclusive Growth through strategic projects in the city – in their planning, design, delivery and legacy.
Embed Inclusive Growth in procurement and commissioning across the city
- Ensure that leadership for Inclusive Growth is embedded across the city;
- Create a Resurgam Chartermark that businesses and other organisations can apply for to demonstrate their commitment to delivering Inclusive Growth.