Tables and chairs permit on a public road or street

If you run a business and want to put tables and chairs, or other forms of street furniture on a public road you need to apply for a tables and chairs permit/licence.  You don't need a licence if you're putting the tables and chairs entirely on private land. Tables and chairs placed on the public highway without a permit may be removed with impunity by the Council.

 Apply for a tables and chairs permit on the highway [PDF, 1.5MB]