Consultation for removal of BT payphones
British Telecom (BT) is consulting the local communities and Plymouth City Council is asking for comments on their proposals to remove nine payphones within the city. As part of this consultation process BT asks that if the local communities have any comments, that they forward them on to the local authority.
BT have placed notices in the relevant payphone kiosks and the consultation period will close on Monday 10 August 2020.
The kiosks are as follows:
- Jephson Road, Plymouth, PL4 9ES
- Forecourt of Ply Coop, Cecil Avenue, Plymouth, PL4 8SF
- Crownhill Road, Plymouth, PL6 5AG
- Little Dock Lane, Plymouth, PL5 2NA
- Recreation Road, Plymouth, PL2 3NA
- Henderson Place, Plymouth, PL2 2AB
- Dudley Road, Plymouth, PL7 1RX
- Jcn Strode Road, Newnham Road, Plymouth, PL7 4BZ
- Jcn Bellingham Crescent, 1 Glen Road Plympton, Plymouth, PL7 2DE
If you have comments in support, or to object to the removal of a payphone please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to City Planning Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ by midnight on 10 August 2020. After this date, the Council will make an initial decision on whether to object to the removal of any of the payphones and publish this for consultation for a further 30 days. The Council must then send its final decision to BT by 28 September 2020.
If the phone box is the traditional red 'heritage' box and the community wishes to make them an asset that local people can enjoy, then please visit BT's Adopt a Kiosk scheme page.