Plymouth Information Advice and Support Service (PIAS) provides information, advice and support relating to Special Education Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for parents, carers, children and young people within Plymouth.
We recruit volunteers once a year to support us in this work.
The roles we need varies but includes:
- answering phone calls and providing a calm, caring response
- signposting parents/carers/professionals to information on the Local Offer and PIAS website
- attending events across the city to raise awareness of the team and what it offers
Would this role suit you?
You would need to be:
- over 18
- calm, friendly, approachable
- be available for a morning or afternoon slot on a regular basis
- have lived experience, understanding or interest in SEND
- be able to attend training sessions
What we provide
- full training and ongoing support
- travel expenses can be reclaimed
- be part of a caring, supportive team
What our volunteers say
“I enjoy volunteering with PIAS as I have been on both sides of this service, the training is fun & informative although the legal training was a bit gruelling. PIAS have supported my family many times over the years & most recently during my daughters transition to adult hood. I would recommend volunteering, not only does it give you a new network, training, knowledge & skills it gives you a sense of purpose & achievement & it looks good on your CV”