Temporary event notice

A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you want to carry out a licensable activity on unlicensed premises or licensed premises to temporarily add or extend an activity. You must give at least 10 clear working days notice.

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am


Each TEN costs £21


  • The event must have less than 500 people at any one time and last no more than 168 hours or seven days
  • You must be at least 18 years old to apply
  • A TEN is required for each event held on the same premises
  • We'll send a copy of the application to the police and environmental health for their comments 
  • You can apply for a late TEN between five and nine clear working days before the event

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice