Temporary event notice
A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is required if you want to carry out a licensable activity on unlicensed premises or licensed premises to temporarily add or extend an activity.
You must give at least 10 clear working days notice.
You can apply for a late TEN between 5 and 9 clear working days before the event
- A working day is Monday to Friday inclusive, excluding any bank holiday.
- The working day the application is received and the day of the event are excluded from being clear working days.
Licensable activity includes:
- selling alcohol
- serving alcohol to members of a private club
- providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
- serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
Each TEN costs £21
- The event must have less than 500 people at any one time and last no more than 168 hours (7 days)
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply
- A TEN is required for each event held on the same premises
- We'll send a copy of the application to the police and environmental health for their comments
- There must be a period of 24hrs between the end time of a TEN and the issue time of another TEN