COVID-19: Latest information on bin collections and street services
25 March 2020
Refuse collections will be continuing as usual this week, despite the coronavirus outbreak.
Residents should continue to put out their green and brown bins on their normal collection days.
Bags containing used tissues should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin.
Please remember to wash your hands after putting bins out for collection and bringing them back in.
In order to keep these core services running, we have decided to make changes to the following, less-essential operations:
- Weston Mill and Chelson Meadow Household Waste Recycling Centres are now closed.
- Garden waste collections will NOT resume in April as planned. Residents are encouraged to home compost where they can.
- New requests for bins and bags have been suspended until further notice. If you booked a delivery or collection before the ‘stay at home’ measures were introduced we will try to deliver to you. We will be in touch to confirm.
- New trade waste applications have been suspended.
- The collection of bulky waste has also been suspended and all bookings cancelled. We’ve contacted customers to confirm this.
We are working hard to ensure that we provide as many services as possible during this difficult time and would ask that residents attempt to minimise waste and continue to recycle as much as you can.
We would like to thank everyone for doing their bit during this challenging time. This is an ever-changing situation and we will try to provide as much notice of any alterations to our service via this website and through social media.
There may be other services that we need to temporarily suspend and are reviewing these daily. We will also endeavour to reinstate any suspended service as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.