Skip to main content

Raising a complaint or giving feedback about adult social care

Care homes or care in your own home

The Customer Liaison Team manage our adult social care statutory complaints procedure.

How to contact them:


Telephone: 01752 307304 - You can leave us a message and we will call you back.

Address: Customer Liaison Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ

We need to know:

  • If you are complaining on behalf of someone else such as a family member we will need consent from them or evidence that you hold Lasting Power of Attorney (LPOA). If the person is unable to consent due to health reasons please contact us and we will advise.
  • how the care is funded
  • as many details as you can about what has gone wrong, why and how it made you or your family member feel
  • what you would like to see change as a result of the complaint
  • how the issue could be resolved
  • if you have already raised the complaint to the provider and received a response

Additional information

If you want to complain about your own experience of the service provided, contact the Customer Liaison Team as we may still be able to help.

If you are unsure about which area of social care your complaint relates to or your complaint is about different areas of social care, contact the Customer Liaison Team and we will advise you.

Adult Social Workers, Occupational Therapists or Community Health Care

Contact Livewell Southwest Customer Services who manage complaints for these areas of adult social care:

Livewell Southwest website.

Telephone: 01752 435201



If you are concerned that an adult is being abused or is neglecting themselves do not ignore it, let adult safeguarding know:

Website: How to report abuse.

Telephone: 01752 668000 and choose the Adult Social Care option.

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO)

The Ombudsman is the independent final decision maker about local government and social care complaints. You have the right to approach the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman at any time if you are dissatisfied with the process. However, the Ombudsman would ordinarily expect the Local Authority to consider the complaint initially and may refer the complaint back to the council for investigation.

LGO Website

Telephone: 0300 061 0614

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

This body are the independent regulator of health and social care in England.

They inspect providers and welcome feedback on services. They do not investigate complaints.

Here’s how to contact them:

CQC Website.

Privacy Policy