Make a payment
You can make payment online for the services below:
- Allotment charges
- Existing tenants (when asked for a reference number put in your invoice number, as shown on your invoice, if you put in any other number or reference your payment won't be allocated to your account)
- New tenants (when asked for a reference number please enter your allotment site name, plot number and surname for example Channel Park 34 Brown, the amount to pay is shown on your tenancy agreement, your payment won't be allocated to the correct account if you don't put in this information)
- Archives and records
- Blue badge
- Boat mooring
- Boat storage
- Building control
- Business Improvement District
- Council tax - payments will take up to two working days to show on your council tax account. If you have a payment enquiry after this time, submit a General Enquiry Form quoting your council tax number
- Environmental issues (littering and waste) - call 01752 304147 (option 2) and quote the reference number on the Fixed Penalty Notice to make a payment
- Freedom of Information
- Highway enquiries
- Housing benefit overpayment
- Invoice payments
- Library research service (other library charges should be paid in person in the library)
- Museum images
- Parking and bus lane fines
- Residents parking permit
- Street naming and numbering
- Street works fixed penalty notices (FPN) - do not use for parking fines or environmental issues (littering and waste)
Other ways to pay
Direct debit: Set up a direct debit to pay your council tax or business rates.
Post Office: Pay your council tax bill or general invoice at your local post office.
PayPoint: Pay your council tax bill at your local PayPoint store.
Telephone: Pay by credit or debit card on our automated telephone payment line at any time on 0300 4560519. Pay your council tax, business rates, housing benefit overpayment or general invoice.
In person: By credit or debit card at our 1st Stop shop using the self-service computers (you'll need your payment reference number).