Make a payment
You can pay online for the services below:
- Invoice payments
- Council tax
- Parking and bus lane fines
- Housing benefit overpayment
- Business rates
- Business Improvement District
- Street naming and numbering
- Copy certificate (birth, marriage, civil partnership or death)
- Building control
- Freedom of Information
- Boat mooring
- Boat storage
- Allotment charges
- Existing tenants (when asked for a reference number put in your invoice number, as shown on your invoice, if you put in any other number or reference your payment won't be allocated to your account)
- New tenants (when asked for a reference number please enter your allotment site name, plot number and surname for example Channel Park 34 Brown, the amount to pay is shown on your tenancy agreement, your payment won't be allocated to the correct account if you don't put in this information)
- Library research service (other library charges should be paid in person in the library)
- Archives and records
- Museum images
Other ways to pay
Direct debit: Set up a direct debit to pay your council tax or business rates.
Post Office: Pay your council tax bill or general invoice at your local post office.
PayPoint: Pay your council tax bill at your local PayPoint store.
Telephone: Pay by credit or debit card on our automated telephone payment line at any time on 01752 262243. Pay your council tax, business rates, housing benefit overpayment or general invoice.
In person: Pay by cash (up to £500), credit or debit card at our self-service machines in the 1st Stop shop (you'll need your payment reference number).
By post: Send a cheque made payable to Plymouth City Council to Incomes, Plymouth City Council, Windsor House, Plymouth PL6 5UF. Please write your customer reference number on the back of your cheque.