Skip to main content

Apply for housing association housing

Housing association homes

We no longer own any council houses but you can still apply for a home with a housing association.

To apply for a Housing Association home you will need to register with Devon Home Choice.

  • When you register, you will need to tell us about your circumstances so we can assess your housing need.
  • Once we have reviewed your application we will place you in a band ranging from E to A (A being the highest need).
  • Once you are registered you can apply for homes on the Devon Home Choice website.

We aim to assess new applications and changes within 28 days. This can take longer than 28 days during times of high demand.

House swapping

You can swap a social home with another tenant. You will need to follow certain rules and get permission from your landlord.

Register with HomeSwapper or House Exchange to find another tenant to swap with.