Your library can provide information and support on health, social care issues and services:
- Health books in all libraries
- Reading Well
- Free computer use
- Meeting rooms in libraries, available for hire
- Feel better with a book, shared reading groups
- Wellbeing activities including friendship and craft groups
- Home library service for those unable to visit the library
- Health promotion resources for loan
- Plymouth Online Directory of local groups and organisations
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 305900 for more information.
The Reading Well book lists help you to understand and manage your health and wellbeing.
If the book isn't available, you can reserve a copy online for free and have it sent to your local library.
Information and support for managing common mental health conditions.
Books on dementia might find helpful if you have ben diagnosed with dementia, are caring for someone with dementia.
Shelf help: Young people's mental health
Provides 13 to 18 year olds with advice and information about
Long term conditions
Reading Well provides information and support for carers and people living with a long term health conditions.
The booklist covers common symptoms and specific conditions such as
- bowel conditions
- heart disease
One You Plymouth have created a collection of health promotion resources you can borrow for healthcare, education and promotional events.
You'll need your library card to borrow any items. Find out how to join the library.
If you would like more information about the resources email One You Plymouth.