Skip to main content

Personal licence

A personal licence allows an individual to supply or authorise the supply of alcohol in accordance with a premises licence.

You must be aged 18 years or over, and hold a licensing qualification, such as a level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH) qualification.


Personal licence holder - Level 2

Apply for a new license

Personal licence guidance

You need to attach the following with your completed application form:

  • one passport photo and a further image showing the photo has been endorsed or upload a completed endorsement form with your photograph
  • a proof of your right to work in the United Kingdom (see personal license guidance document)
  • a completed disclosure of convictions form
  • an original basic disclosure, (not more than one month old at the time of application)
  • the original licensing qualification certificate


A personal licence costs £37.

The following document provides more guidance on how to create an account and make an application.

Disclosure of convictions and foreign offences

As a personal licence holder you must tell us immediately if you are convicted of any relevant offence, foreign offence or are required to pay an immigration penalty

If you are charged with a relevant offence, you must produce your personal licence to the court. If that is not practical, you must tell the court that you have a personal licence, which licensing authority issued it, and why you can't produce the licence. The court may order the forfeiture or suspension of your licence and will notify the licensing authority of this.

Failure to produce or notify the court about your personal licence, without reasonable excuse, is an offence under section 128 of the Act and could also result in the forfeiture or suspension of your licence.

If you are convicted of a relevant offence, foreign offence or are required to pay an immigration penalty you must, as soon as reasonably practicable, inform the licensing authority who issued your personal licence of this and give them a notice containing details of the nature and date of conviction and any sentence imposed.

It is an offence to fail to notify the court or licensing authority of any of the above.

Please be aware that if your licence was issued after the 6th April 2017 it will lapse if you cease to be entitled to work in the UK.

Replacement licence

If you need a replacement licence email or call us on 01752 304141.

If you hold a personal licence but either the licence card, certificate or both cannot be found, have been lost, have been stolen, are irretrievable, are badly worn or damaged or are unusable for some other reason. There is a charge of £10.50 for all replacement personal licenses and you will need to provide proof of your personal Licence details if available.

Change of name and/or address

You will need to provide details and confirmation of your new name or address. There is a charge of £10.50 for these changes.


A personal licence costs £37.

A replacement licence or a change of name and/or address costs £10.50

Apply to make changes to an existing licence