Skip to main content

Rubbish on private land

In all cases you should try and speak to your neighbour first.

If you prefer to send them a letter you can use this template. 

Rented properties 

If your neighbours live in a rented property, try to speak to their landlord first.

Housing association properties 

We will not accept complaints about Housing Association properties, you need to speak to the relevant Housing Association. Find a list of local list of local Housing Associations on the Plymouth Online Directory. 

How we can help

We accept that people have different views about how they look after properties and what is acceptable. We can only help where there are significant issues on a property which affect the way you enjoy your own property, such as smell from rotting household waste or dog poo that has been left for days.

We cannot deal with rubble, plastics, or untidy gardens.