The schools forum is made up from representatives from schools and academies. There's also some representation from non-school organisations, such as nursery and 16 to 19 education providers.
The forum acts in a consultative role on some issues and a decision making role on others.
- changes to the local funding formula (we make the final decision)
- proposed changes to the operation of the minimum funding guarantee
- changes to or new contracts affecting schools (for example school meals)
- arrangements for pupils with special educational needs, in pupil referral units and in early years provision.
Decision making role:
- how much funding may be retained by us within the dedicated schools grant (for example providing an admissions service or providing additional funding for growing schools)
- any proposed carry forward of deficits on central spend from one year to the next
- proposals to de-delegate funding from maintained primary and secondary schools (for example staff supply cover, insurance, behaviour support)
- changes to the scheme of financial management.
Membership of the schools forum must be proportional to the pupil population in maintained schools and academies.
The forum holds a minimum of four meetings a year, however if there's a business need for a decision or formal view to be expressed by the forum, additional meetings can be arranged. Meetings are open to members of the public.
- 18 January 2023
- 22 February 2023
- 14 June 2023
- 15 November 2023
- 13 December 2023