You can apply to display a banner as Marsh Mills, Derriford or Pomphlett roundabout for £50.
- can only be displayed for up to 1 month
- must be removed afterwards, we will charge an extra £50 if the banner is not removed.
- must not be any bigger than 6 metres by 1 metre
Registered charities can apply for 1 free banner per year.
Temporary road closure or restriction
If you need a temporary restriction or road closure you can apply for a temporary traffic regulation order.
- We need at least 6 weeks' notice
- some closures we 3 months' notice so that we can advertise diversions.
- you can close a footway for up to 6 months
- you can close a carriageway for up to 18 months.
- Applications made with less than 12 weeks' notice will have an extra £200 charge.
Road closures for events
If you need to apply to close a road for an upcoming event on the highway complete a application form.
If you want to put a skip on a public road you need to apply for a skip permit/licence. You can't put a skip on the pavement. You don't need a licence if you're putting the skip entirely on private land.
You also need a licence for skip bags and hippobags.
You may need to put safety lights and markings on or around the skip, and you could be fined up to £1,000 if you fail to do this.
Scaffolding and hoardings
If you want to put scaffolding or a hoarding on or next to a public road you need to apply for a licence.
You need to use a scaffolding company with traffic signs manual chapter 8 accreditation and £5 million public liability insurance.
Tables and chairs
You need to apply for a licence if you want to place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the road or pavement.
You don't need a licence if you're putting the tables and chairs entirely on private land. Tables and chairs placed on the public road or pavement without a permit may be removed by the Council.