Quite simply, there is nowhere better to live, work and play than Plymouth, Britain's Ocean City.
The Plymouth investment guide highlights the exciting development opportunities that exist in our spectacular waterfront city and shows why it is the perfect place to invest.
A city with a reputation as a centre of excellence for marine science and engineering, it also has two universities with University of Plymouth one of the largest in the country and ranked amongst the top ten modern universities in the UK.
For further help and advice on relocating your business to Plymouth visit the Invest Plymouth website.
Living and working in Plymouth
A relocation guide has been produced to help those looking to relocate to the city.
It includes information on schools and education, connectivity, transport links and quality of life.
We have pulled together a useful overview of the attributes that make Plymouth a prime place to invest with our Driving Growth in Britain's Ocean City publication.
We also have produced a Driving Growth video highlighting Plymouth's projects and growth.
The Book of Wonder
Over 100 amazing facts about Plymouth have been brought together in this book.
The Book of Wonder (online version)
The following are just a few more reasons why locating and growing your business in Plymouth is a smart move:
- Good quality, affordable business premises are on average 35 per cent cheaper here than in the South East and, with a plentiful and diverse range of sites and premises available, Plymouth City Council will help you find one that suits.
- Superfast broadband – Plymouth is one of the top 10 locations in the country for superfast coverage, ahead of Bristol and Cardiff.
- Quality of life - nestling between the sea, rivers and the dramatic expanse of Dartmoor, Plymouth offers the perfect work life balance. As recently cited by The Guardian, 'Plymouth is now officially the optimum place to buy a property in Britain', with the best balance of schools, housing, culture and scenery - this is a view shared by many companies located here who enjoy a fantastic quality of life.
- Access to markets - we are only three hours from London by train, less than one hour from Exeter and two hours from Bristol international airports, as well as being a major port with Brittany Ferries offering passenger and freight services to Roscoff in France and Santander in Northern Spain.
- A skilled and adaptable workforce with progressive, business-focused higher and further education provision, and specialist partners that can help source and develop your employees.
- Like-minded businesses - with concentrations of social enterprises, marine and marine renewables, medical and healthcare, advanced manufacturing, creative, business services, tourism and leisure businesses, the city provides a ready-made supply chain and market.
With a can-do approach to planning and helping inward investors thrive, the Council provides a seamless service for companies looking to invest in the city.
To find out more about the opportunities available, or to discuss how our business support service can help meet your business needs, please contact the Economy, Enterprise and Employment team on 01752 304820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.