Skip to main content

Make a complaint about a councillor

You can complain about a councillor who has not followed the code of conduct.

Tell us:

  • which councillor you are complaining about
  • how you think they broke the code of conduct
  • as much information as you can to support your complaint
  • what you'd like us to do about it

You will need to complete a complaint form.

To get a complaint form:

Email the Monitoring Officer:

The complaint form explains what information you should include.

You do not have to use the form and can make your complaint in writing to: The Monitoring Officer, Plymouth City Council, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ or email

Councillors' code of conduct