To have your bins/bags collected you must:
- use Council provided bins/bags
- present your bins/bags in the correct place for your household on collection day
Containers are the property of the Council and should stay at the address they have been supplied to. Residents are responsible for their bins/bags and must keep them on their property between collections.
If your bin wasn't collected on it's planned collection day you can report this to us.
If we didn't get to your street
If we don't get to your street, we may get there in the next day or two. You can always:
- take your waste to your nearest recycling centre
- keep your waste on your property until your next scheduled collection
When to put your bin out
Put your bins on the kerbside from 6.30pm the night before your collection day. Return your bin/bags back within your property boundary before midnight on the day of your collection.
Why was my bin not collected?
There could be a specific reason your bin has not been emptied, such as:
- excessive weight
- contaminated recycling
- wrong materials in the bin
- not at the boundary of your property ready for collection
What you can do
Resolve the issue:
- for your next scheduled collection
- within 2 days and log a missed collection (you cannot log a missed collection if you did not present your bin)
- and take your waste to a recycling centre