Parking charges apply to Blue Badge holders in Council car parks. An optional Accessibility Permit is available and allows Blue Badge holders to park for free in all Council car parks.
Each permit costs £60 a year.
New accessibility permits
Please allow up to two working days for your online application to be processed. Your permit will not be activated until it has been successfully approved. Please note that even though you have applied for a permit, you still cannot park until you have received a permit activation email notification. If you do not provide an email address we will contact you by phone or post.
Once your permit has been activated the Blue Badge details are securely stored so our patrol officers can check you have a valid permit on their handheld computers. This is a virtual permit so there is nothing to display in the vehicle - just your valid Blue Badge as normal (and clock showing your time of arrival where a maximum stay applies).
Renew your accessibility permit
You can renew your permit up to two months before your current one expires. Your Accessibility Permit will be instantly renewed, starting when your previous permit expires. When completing the renewal form, in the Vehicle Registration Number field you will see the first six digits of your Blue Badge Serial Number. Please do not amend unless your Blue Badge Number has changed. This allows you to use your Blue Badge and Accessibility Permit in any car you are travelling in! Once you have paid and confirmed you accept the terms and conditions your Accessibility Permit will be instantly renewed, starting when your previous permit expires.
Update your Details
If your Blue Badge is renewed or replaced you must update your Accessibility Permit immediately with your new Blue Badge Serial number. There will be a £10 admin fee for changes to permits that you ask us to process for you.
Please note that even though you have applied to update your permit, you still cannot park until you have received an email advising your permit has been updated. If you do not provide an email address we will contact you by phone or post.
Terms and conditions
- The Accessibility Permit can only be used when the Blue Badge holder is travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger.
- The Accessibility Permit is only valid when the registered valid Blue Badge is displayed and the serial number can be read from outside the vehicle. The blue parking clock must be set to show time of arrival within car parks where a maximum stay applies.
- The permit holder must notify Parking Services of their blue badge serial number every time they receive a blue badge including when it’s renewed so their Accessibility Permit record can be updated.
- The permit holder is required to comply with all car park terms and conditions.
- Accessibility Permits remain the property of the council at all times, are non-transferable, not refundable and not for resale.
- The Council may ask that you produce documentary evidence to demonstrate eligibility.
- Plymouth City Council will process all information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The authority will use any data collected for the purpose of processing and validating the relevant permit and other associated purposes. We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share/check this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud. These bodies include other council departments, other public authorities and other enforcement agencies.