Skip to main content

Assisted bin collections

You may be able to get an assisted bin collection if you can't put your bins out and you don't have anyone who can help you.  

Apply for an assisted bin collection 


You can apply for an assisted collection if both of the following apply: 

  • one or more residents in a property are physically unable to move their bin from where it is stored to where it is put for collection
  • there are no other residents over the age of 18 living in the property who can put the bin out

We will check the information you provide using council systems. We may from time to time review your eligibility by carrying out doorstep visits.  

Evidence you need to provide

You need to provide evidence that you are eligible when you apply for an assisted collection. We will ask for this when you complete the form, so have any documents ready before you start. 

You will need to provide proof that you receive one of the following: 

  • higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) the mobility allowance relating to a wartime pension

Evidence must be:

  • addressed to the applicant at the address in question
  • dated within the last 12 months

If you do not receive any of these you can submit a letter from a doctor or other medical professional. This needs to confirm that your mobility issues:

  • are temporary or permanent
  • prevent you from moving your bin from your property to the collection point

If there is more than one person over 18 living at the address and all have issues that stop them putting the bins out, evidence must be provided for each adult.