Chelson Meadow van and trailer permit
Apply for a permit
If you're a Plymouth resident you can apply for a free permit to bring a van or a trailer into Chelson Meadow (vans aren't allowed at Weston Mill).
You need to apply online and bring your trailer to be measured by a member of the recycling centres staff, proof of residency and vehicle ownership.
Office opening hours
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday 8am to 3.30pm.
You can't get a permit for a hire vehicle. If you've hired one to make a tip run, visit our office at Chelson Meadow and bring photo ID with a Plymouth address and the van hire agreement to get permission to take the van in.
- One permit per household is issued to Plymouth residents
- Permits are not transferable so please let us know if you move house or change your vehicle
- Permits are free but £10 to replace if lost
- Vans towing trailers, vehicles over 3.5 tonnes when fully laden or trailers over three metres long are not allowed
- Permits will not be issued to flatbed/dropside/tipper type vehicles
Number of visits
- Permits for small vehicles (Vauxhall Corsa size van or trailer under 1.8 metres long) allow you to make 12 tips a year. Only three of these can be to deposit soil or rubble.
- Permits for large vehicles (Ford Transit size van or trailer between 1.8 and three metres long) allow you to make six tips a year. Only one of these can be to deposit soil or rubble.
If you have green or garden waste only it will not count against the number of tips.