We reserve the right to investigate and if necessary withdraw your permit
It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act (1990) to deposit materials illegally. If you collect or transport materials other than your own household waste you are required to possess a Waste Carriers Licence. Claiming material as household waste when it did not arise from your house is an offence.
Office opening hours
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4pm and Friday 8am to 3.30pm.
You can't get a permit for a hire vehicle. If you've hired one to make a tip run, visit our office at Chelson Meadow and bring photo ID with a Plymouth address and the van hire agreement to get permission to take the van in.
- One permit per household is issued to Plymouth residents
- Permits are not transferable so please let us know if you move house or change your vehicle
- Permits are free but £10 to replace if lost
- Vans towing trailers, vehicles over 3.5 tonnes when fully laden or trailers over three metres long are not allowed
- Permits will not be issued to flatbed/dropside/tipper type vehicles
Number of visits
- Permits for small vehicles (Vauxhall Corsa size van or trailer under 1.8 metres long) allow you to make 12 tips a year. Only three of these can be to deposit soil or rubble.
- Permits for large vehicles (Ford Transit size van or trailer between 1.8 and three metres long) allow you to make six tips a year. Only one of these can be to deposit soil or rubble.
If you have green or garden waste only it will not count against the number of tips.