We reserve the right to investigate and if necessary withdraw your permit
It is an offence under the Environmental Protection Act (1990) to deposit materials illegally. If you collect or transport materials other than your own household waste you are required to possess a Waste Carriers Licence. Claiming material as household waste when it did not arise from your house is an offence.
- One permit per household is issued to Plymouth residents
- Permits are not transferable so please let us know if you move house or change your vehicle
- Permits will not be issued to flatbed/dropside/tipper type vehicles
Number of visits
- Permits for small vehicles (Vauxhall Corsa size van or trailer under 1.8 metres long) allow you to make 12 tips a year.
- Permits for large vehicles (Ford Transit size van or trailer between 1.8 and three metres long) allow you to make six tips a year.
If you have green or garden waste only it will not count against the number of tips.