Skip to main content

Contact Council Tax

Making a payment

Direct Debit sign up

Pay your Council Tax

You will need your Council Tax reference number (You can find this on your bill, it’s an 8 digit number beginning with 4 or 5).

Request to change instalment dates.

Changing address or registering for Council Tax

Register to pay Council Tax, tell us about a change of address or any other changes of liability such as selling or buying a property

Change of tenant form for landlords

Bought or sold a property you don't live in (for Landlords)

Changing your details

Change personal details such as your contact telephone number.

Add a person to the bill

For any other circumstances complete an online contact form.

Discounts and Exemptions

Care Leavers

Council Tax Support

Empty property

Disabled person discount

Severely mentally impaired (SMI) discount

Single person discount

Single person discount review

Student exemption and discount

For any other discount or exemption please complete an online contact form or visit Council Tax discounts and exemptions

Summons and payment problems

Payment arrangement form (for if you have received a summons or final notice)

Payment difficulty form

Changes to your property

Council Tax improvements form

Viewing your bill and payments online

Sign up for a My Plymouth account

If you need your Council Tax reference number you can request a copy of your bill.

Sign up for paperless billing.


We will write to you if you are due a refund, if you have lost the details on the letter you can complete a credit refund request.

Reply to an email we sent

Respond to an email

Anything else

Council Tax appeal

If you need to contact us and any of the above links don't meet your needs, please fill in an online contact form.

Landlord general contact

If you are a landlord and need to contact us please use our landlord version of the online contact form.