The Valuation Office Agency (VAO) is responsible for deciding which band a property is in.
If you think your Council Tax band is wrong you can find out how to appeal your Council Tax band on the GOV.UK website.
If you appeal, you must continue to pay Council Tax until your appeal is decided.
You can appeal against a decision made about your Council Tax liability if you:
- are not the resident or owner of the property
- believe the property should be exempt
- believe you are entitled to a disabled person’s reduction
- believe you are entitled to a personal discount
- believe you are not getting the correct Council Tax Support
If you want to appeal against your Council Tax liability, you will need to submit an appeal.
Or write to us:
Plymouth City Council, Plymouth, PL1 3BJ
You will receive notice of our decision within two months.
If we have not replied within four months, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS).
If you disagree with the Council’s decision, you have two months to appeal to the VTS.
Council Tax complaints
The LGO website has information about making a Council Tax complaint.