From Saturday 1 April 2017 parking charges will apply to Blue Badge holders within Council pay and display car parks.
An optional Accessibility Permit is available which allows a Blue Badge holder to park for free in all Council car parks except Mayflower East, Regent Street, Theatre Royal and Western Approach.
This is a virtual permit so there is nothing extra to display in your vehicle – just your Blue Badge, as normal (and clock showing your time of arrival, where a maximum stay applies).
Applications are usually processed the same working day but please allow up to two working days. You will receive an email to let you know when your permit is valid. If you don’t provide an email address then we will contact you by phone. In the event we are unable to contact you, your confirmation will be sent by post.
£40 a year
Terms and conditions
- The Accessibility Permit can only be used when the Blue Badge holder is travelling in the vehicle as a driver or passenger.
- The Accessibility Permit is only valid when the registered valid Blue Badge is displayed and the serial number can be read from outside the vehicle. The blue parking clock must be set to show time of arrival within car parks where a maximum stay applies.
- The permit holder must notify Plymouth City Council upon any changes to the registered Blue Badge.
- The permit holder is required to comply with all car park terms and conditions.
- Accessibility Permits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Council may ask that you produce documentary evidence to demonstrate eligibility.
- Plymouth City Council will process all information in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. The authority will use any data collected for the purpose of processing and validating the relevant permit and other associated purposes. We are required by law to protect the public funds we administer. We may share/check this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud. These bodies include other council departments, other public authorities and other enforcement agencies.