Each year, schools must decide on their admission arrangements for the coming year. If the arrangements change, there must be a public consultation before the arrangements are decided upon. The Council is holding a consultation on behalf of Plymouth maintained, voluntary aided and trust schools. We would like your views on the admission proposed arrangements. The admission arrangements will include things like how places are allocated, the number of places schools have and how they will decide how to prioritise applications if there are more applications for the school than there are places available.
If you would like to know more about the legal background to the consultation and would like to know which schools we are consulting for, please read the background document.
The consultation will run from Monday 5 December 2022 and will close on Sunday 15 January 2023.
Read the consultation documents
The full consultation documents are available on the following pages:
- Coordinated scheme of admission
- Maintained nursery schools
- All through school (Millbay Academy) (takes students from Reception to Year 11)
- Primary schools (takes students from Reception to Year 6)
- Junior schools (takes students from Year 3 to Year 6)
- Secondary schools (takes students from Year 7 to Year 12)
- Key stage 4 schools (takes students from Year 9 to Year 12)
How to comment
Comments will be accepted from Monday 5 December 2022, you cannot comment before this date.
For all schools, your comments must be received by Sunday 15 January 2023 as the consultation will close on this date.
You can also send your comments by email to the School Admissions Team email@example.com.