Occupational Therapy for children and young people
We provide support and services to children and young people (up to age 18) and their families, with permanent, substantial and/or complex physical disabilities.
We aim to enhance levels of functional independence by providing support to you and those who manage your child and/or young person daily activities and care needs.
Once a need has been identified we can:
- offer advice, information, signposting and support (e.g. managing your needs within the home, school, nursery environment)
- provide specialist equipment to assist with daily activities (e.g. specialist seating, toileting aids, shower/toileting seats, bathing aids, specialist beds)
- offer specialist moving, handling, risk assessment and advice (e.g. assessment for and provision of hoisting equipment and slings, moving and handling training, advice and planning)
- assessment for minor and major adaptations (e.g. grab rails, temporary ramps, stair lifts, level access shower area)
- undertake specialist occupational therapy assessments
- work with local health and housing providers to assess needs and provide appropriate support for specialist equipment, adaptations or re-housing
How to request support
To access the service a referral can be made through the Gateway. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01752 668000.