Skip to main content

Register a child as disabled

We want to make sure we know how many disabled children or children with special needs (that greatly affect their everyday life) live in the city. This is something all councils have to do and it helps us improve our services now and in the future. By being on the register we can keep you informed of what services are available and how you can get involved if you want to.

Registering a child as disabled is voluntary and free but it doesn't necessary mean your child will be eligible for support.

How to register

Complete our online form.

To qualify to register your child must:

  • be under 18 years old
  • live within the Plymouth City Council boundary
  • have a long term and significant disability:
    • physical disability
    • learning disability
    • visual or hearing impairment
    • autism (autism spectrum condition)
    • chronic health condition

All your information is kept confidential and secure. Any reports we produce are used for planning and developing services and will never identify any child or family as only facts and figures are used. We can provide you with a copy of this information if you want.

If you need more information contact SEND Access Early Help. Email: