Skip to main content

Apply for a child performance licence

A child may need a licence if they're under school leaving age and taking part in:

  • plays, concerts, filming or other public performances that the audience pay to see, or that take place on licensed premises
  • any sporting events or modelling assignments where the child is paid

A licence isn't needed if a performance is arranged by, and taking place at, a school.

The person in charge of the event should apply for a licence at least 21 days before the event. Email or call 01752 307405.

If the child won't be with their parent or guardian, a school teacher or a home tutor, they must be supervised by a licenced chaperone.