Skip to main content

What to submit with your planning application

Local requirements

The local validation list identifies the information we need to register, assess and determine your planning application. It also provides specific guidance on each item. Our local validation list has been updated to include a new requirement for all types of planning application, please see section 21.3 ‘Climate Emergency Compliance Form’. This form must be completed for all planning applications (except S73 or REM applications relating to an original consent granted before 1st December 2022 and applications for non-material amendments).

Local validation list

National requirements

Location plan

Your plan must show the site location outlined in red at a standard metric scale (typically 1:1250 or 1:2500) with a north point. Any other land owned by the applicant must be outlined in blue. Plans should identify roads and/or buildings on land adjoining the application site so that the exact location of the application site is clear.

Every plan (including all copies) based upon Ordnance Survey maps must have a valid license number from Ordnance Survey. More information about copyright and how to purchase a map can be found the Ordnance Survey website or the Planning Portal.

An ownership certificate

An ownership certificate A, B, C or D must be completed stating the ownership of the property.

Agricultural holdings certificate

This is required whether or not the site includes an agricultural holding. All agricultural tenants must be notified prior to the submission of the application.

Design and access statement

A design and access statement outlines the design principles and concepts that have been applied to the proposed development and how issues relating to access to the development have been dealt with. Not all applications require a statement, visit the Planning Portal for more information.

Failure to supply sufficient information may result in your application not being registered or a refusal.

Email or call 01752 304366 for more advice or information.